Well, I don’t particularly have a diagnosed mental health issue, however I do tend to have days where I feel like absolute crap- to say the least. Some may call it hormones or just being too negative/pessimistic, although I believe that my experiences are similar to those with actual health problems- and therefore I feel I can in fact relate.
When you’re having a bad day, it can be tempting to stay in bed all day with the curtains drawn. Whilst this can be helpful at times, it can also be extremely detrimental to your mental health. The more you know about your mental state, the better you will be at managing it as i have gradually come to learn the hard way, so hopefully you can learn from this advice and experience post and it will, hopefully, be far more easier for you.
As for what i do to help… well I’ve tried various things from mind-escapism games to confiding in family members/ friends, however (for me at least)they seemed to be inconclusive. Nevertheless, over time i have found that these following solutions worked best for me:
- Have a little ‘me time’ i.e Being all on my lonesome for the day to clear my mind of it all e.g meditation, a pampering day etc.
- Go for a walk in the park- also to clear my mind.
- Writing (generally poems but writing the odd chapter of a book is a great source of escapism, also).
- Reading/ Re-reading a good book (most likely sad ones, i’m weird like that, i like to be in the same mood as the character so i can really relate).
- Clean the house (I hate cleaning, but I find this really helpful!!)
- Re-watching my favourite movie/TV show.
- Exercise/ yoga.
Well, there are some of the things I tend to do religiously when i’m feeling particularly more down or stressed than normal. What about you guys? Do they work for you? What do you think, would you try or recommend them? Are there anything else that worked best for you that you would like to share?
– With love always.♥
~Luna xoxo ♥